Matters of the Ladies:
Knowing What is Minimally Invasive Surgery in Gynaecology
Laparoscopic Surgery is a technique whereby surgery is performed through several small "keyhole" incisions in the abdomen, where instruments like a laparoscope (a thin telescope-like instrument), scissors and graspers are inserted to perform the surgery.
When is Laparascopic Surgery needed?
According to Dr Victor, Gynaecological Surgeon from UCSI Hospital, it can be performed by Laparoscopy
How does Laparoscopic Surgery help a person’s life?
- Less postoperative pain.
- Quicker return of bowel function.
- Quicker return to solid food.
- Quicker return to daily activities.
- Reduced chance of scar formation in the abdomen.
- Reduced infection
- Reduced bleeding during surgery.
- Smaller scars on the skin.
- Video magnification offers the surgeon a better view.